Morphic - Open Thread glow.
Lykos, Dusk Lycanroc - Ability: Tough Claws
This post affects Kira.

Lykos was glad that Kira hadn't taken offense. He was beginning to feel at ease around the other creature. The other anchors would disapprove, he knew, but they couldn't do a thing. This was his base form, not theirs'. Besides, they couldn't change the past. The wolf felt a bit ashamed at his lack of wariness, but Kira hadn't done anything to deserve mistrust. Yet. There was always the 'yet' when it came to loyalty. 

At the abra's words, the lycanroc flicked his tail. "Yes, let us go on now," he agreed, shaking out his blanket of fur and taking the lead. They walked in silence for the most part, with certain moments of idle conversation. It was past noon when they finally reached their destination, having traveled for at least two hours. Lykos hoped that the constant teleporting wasn't tiring Kira out. Personally, the wolf had been trotting with the occasional burst of speed that lasted for around half an hour. 

Eventually, they reached the place where the jungle and Menagerie merged. Bits of ivy and fungi began curling around curious trees, some of which had odd-colored leaves. The canopy was thick in this area and the deeper they traveled, the darker it became. Lykos paused as he allowed his eyes to adjust to the faint glow coming from various bioluminescent flora. It was as if it was midnight, despite the actual time being late noon. He stood in silence, regarding his surroundings curiously. Then, turning to Kira he asked quietly, "What do you think?"
Kira:
Form: Abra
Ability: Syncronize
Affiliated with: The Obsidian Order
Post Affects: Lykos

Abra finished his food and 'looked' as the wolf made his way towards the Menagerie. As the creature trotted, Kira's mind was focused on trying to analyze the world around him. As time went on, they reached a forest area and the terrain of the jungle began to fade away. Kira could tell that the surrounding was dark, but he could see the world just fine using his mind. He then heard Lykos speak to him, and he responded mentally. 'Normally it would be hard to see, but I'm having no difficulty. There may be a reason for all of this growth, but I'm not sure what it could be.' Kira wondered what they could find as they explored the area.
This post affects Kira.

Lykos was less interested with the growth and more concerned about the pitch darkness. The only light that shone through came from either the entrance to the Menagerie or glowing fungi. More so the glowing fungi. They reminded him of cutiefly and how the abdomens of the insects blinked in the night. Perhaps morelull were better examples if he put it that way. Faint greens, blues, and purples illuminated the blackness. Like standing under the stars, but in daytime. "Can you see the colours?" the wolf asked curiously. From what he knew about echolocation, it only alerted the user of presences, not hues. Lykos' eyesight slowly adjusted to the dim light and he walked closer to one of the glowing things. Were they poisonous? What would happen if he touched it?
Kira:

The creature's abilities were unable to tell hues or any sense of color. It was as if the world was colored in purple. The darkness proved no different than the day, but he could still see the overcast trees. He watched as Lykos slowly approached a mushroom of some sort. Kira had never seen any fungus like that before, so the creature was hesitant. As he saw the wolf start to close the distance, he thought quickly. 'You shouldn't get too close to things you don't understand,' he thought towards the creature. If the mushroom was poisonous it could hurt or incapacitate them both if it had any sort of unique properties. He then calmed slightly and replied to the wolf's earlier question. 'No, I can't see colors, I can make out some shades though.'
This post affects Kira.

"Ah," Lykos acknowledged, now understanding Kira's lack of reaction. He took a step back from the fungus at the abra's warning, then explained, "What is special about the Menagerie is only partially the overgrowth. The real reason that I stay away from here is the fungus - they thrive in the darkness, and they glow. The light that they emit is what allows me to see. They coat everything, climbing up rocks and trees. I doubt that they are poisonous. They are bioluminescent, I believe that it is called. I have brushed against them before and was not harmed. Why they glow is a mystery to me." Then, as if to prove his point, the wolf prodded the fungus with his paw. Specks of something - spores, perhaps - rose up into the air. It would be beautiful to watch, if only Kira could see them."
Kira:

Kira took this information and then recalculated his analysis. The mushrooms were likely harmless then, unless Lykos had some specific immunity to the effects, either a species difference or an individual biological difference. 'He stays away because of the fungus, but it is not harmful to him,' he thinks to himself. 'Fear of the unknown, perhaps. I wouldn't dismiss such a fear when he once was in a diminutive form.' He continued his mental estimations and then postulated a question.

'If the mushrooms are safe, why do you stay away from this place?' Kira ponders the possibilities concerning why the fungus would glow. A species abnormality could be the reason, but he was unsure.
This post affects Kira.

"Two days ago, the fungi would have been the same size as I," Lykos reminded with an amused look in his eyes. He had not known what was in the Menagerie, only that he would much rather stay away from the odd glowing things and the lack of light. Now that he was a bit larger and confident in his defensive skills, he could come and go as he pleased. "Another reason; it takes quite a bit of time to travel here from my home in the Skylark. It took the majority of the morning for us to reach this area. My speed and stamina were much lower as a pup; I saw no point of venturing around the Menagerie and waste an entire day to even get there." His master was a bit faster, he supposed, but she lacked the stamina to fly that far. Embris was simply too large to fly in the jungle and the canopy was too thick for her to land anywhere near. That, and neither of them really cared about exploration.
Kira:

Kira smiled internally. He now understood. 'I guess perspective can greatly influence emotions,' he thought towards the wolf. 'I haven't changed from one form to a stronger version yet, but I guess it must truly be a fascinating experience.' Kira then pondered what form he may change into once he had developed enough in this form. The creature wasn't incredibly concerned with such things, but the thought intrigued him. 'Do you think you rather would have evolved, or instead gotten a new form altogether? There are certainly benefits and losses for each side of the question.' He pondered and awaited his companion's response.
This post affects Kira.

"That is quite the difficult question," Lykos mused as he watched over the bloom of a glowing fungus. "I will need some time to think about that." There were ups and downs to both choices. On one paw, he enjoyed being a wolf once more. He was larger, stronger, and he felt... better. As if he was meant to be a wolf and only a wolf all along. While he was restrained certain powers such as swimming for long distances and flying, he knew his wolf form like he knew his own scent. Being able to transform would be interesting, but unfair to all the other anchors. He would likely neglect all his other forms for his wolf form, anyway. This was how he had grown up and he knew no other mind or body. Being able to breathe fire or see well in darkness wouldn't be a new skill to learn, but an alien power to him. And for that reason, "I think that I prefer evolving to ever gaining another form," the lycanroc decided. "Being a wolf comes naturally to me. If I suddenly gain the ability to change, I might neglect my other forms for this one." The red wolf swished his tail, then asked, "Out of all your forms, Kira, is there one that you prefer? Do you use all your forms equally, or do you neglect certain ones for whatever reason?"