Winter Writing Contest 2019!
VOTING ROUND 1

Thank you folks for submitting your stories! Putting your creative endeavors up for public viewing is already difficult, and submitting them to even a friendly contest is harder still. We can’t very well have a writing contest with no entries, so a round of applause for all those who braved the gauntlet.

Since we had a nice evenly divisible set of submissions, we’ll do this in two preliminary rounds of four stories, with the top two of each set advancing to the final four. In the first week, the four titles on offer are:

Nothing to Lose
One Gift
Defanged
Spirit

Voting deadline for round 1 is Tuesday, January 28th, at 3am PST. Unlike the submission period, there will be no extension of the voting rounds so get those votes in early. To vote, simply send me (evanfardreamer) a private message on the URPG forums (or a Discord PM but mark it CLEARLY) with your rankings of the three stories in the round. Make sure to include your brief summary of the story and/or why you liked it. See first post of the thread for examples.

And final things – we pay you to vote, and more if you vote consistently! (It’s fine to pay for votes if you aren’t the one getting them, right?) Voting pay still goes towards your Story legend tracker. And you absolutely can (and should!) still vote if your story is featured in the round. (Are you tired of parentheticals yet?)
Staff, head grader, chief judge, ranger. My stats (always a work in progress!)
Park: Evan Morphic: Aaren Cassandra
After the first round of votes, we have a tie! Nothing to Lose and One Gift both captured 11 points in the voting. And since two are advancing to the next round, we don’t have any tiebreakers to worry about. Unfortunately that means that Defanged with 10 points, and Spirit with 7 points, are not advancing further. Thank you for entering!

(edit) Nearly forgot to thank our wonderful voters this round - PV, VeloJello, Gold, and HKim can each collect $4,000 in cash and Story legend progress!

And now, for the second round of voting. Those stories are:
Into the Deep
The Fire Leader
Story Twenty Six
Harry Potter and the Magical Creatures

Votes will be due by Tuesday, February 4th at 3am PST. To vote, simply send me (evanfardreamer) a private message on the URPG forums (or a Discord PM but mark it CLEARLY) with your rankings of the three stories in the round. Make sure to include your brief summary of the story and/or why you liked it. See first post of the thread for examples.
Sorry for the delay in tabulating the votes – my laptop decided to eat the rodent powering it and I have to hand-crank the thing to get any function. Without further grousing  -the tallies!

Nearly another tie this time – Jack’s Story Twenty-Six accrued 18 points, and Gold’s Into the Deep picked up 17! Rounding it out were Shock’s The Fire Leader with 9, and SinnohEevee’s Harry Potter and the Magical Creatures with 6 points.

Special thanks to our voters! VeloJello, HKim, PV, Gold, and SpeedyRobo/Rokaido can claim $4,000 in URPG bux and add to their story legend trackers.

And now, it’s time for THE FINAL ROUND (please supply your own epic music here)

Story Twenty Six
Into the Deep
Nothing to Lose
One Gift

Since this is the final round, with all the attendant bragging rights, votes will be accepted up until Sunday, February 16th at 11:59p PST. If you’ve already voted in the prior rounds you do not need to include summaries.

Once more into the breach, dear Stories fans!
Alas, another contest has come to an end. With thanks to our talented writers, engaged readers, and devoted voters, we have a final tally.

In third place, with 8 points and entitled to claim a Medium Pokemon we have:
In second place, with 9 points and entitled to claim a Hard Pokemon, is:
And in first place, with 11 points and entitled to claim a Complex Pokemon, the winner is:
Each of our wonderful writers (VeloJello, Gold, Shock, SpeedyRobo/rokaido, Jack, HKim, SinnohEevee, and PV) can claim a story pass. These contests can't happen without contestants!

Thanks again to our voters this round- PV, VeloJello, HKim, and Gold. They can claim $4000 for this vote, and they also voted every round for another $4000 each. Vote money and story legend progress totals:

PV: 16k
VeloJello: 16k
Gold: 16k
HKim: 16k
SpeedyRobo: 4k

And per game design/ staff, for running it I will claim participation prizes (story pass and 16k vote money).

We will close with one more round of thanks to everyone who made the competition possible. If stories activity picks up we may do a summer one again, otherwise see you folks next winter!
[-] The following 2 users Like evanfardreamer's post:
  • Jack, juliorain
Claiming my 16k and Story Pass. Thanks Evan, you a good egg. Congrats Jack, you an omelette.
[Image: PVF1.png]
Claiming story pass
Claiming my Story Pass.
Claiming my Story Pass. Thanks!
Claiming Darumaka-Galar, Story Pass, and 16k. Thank you everyone!
Abras are so cute!
Joined URPG 1/28/2017!
Competitive Showdown player
TEAM A.C.T. ALL THE WAY
[Image: a12pB4a9m_480wa_v1.gif]
Claiming Zubat, Story Pass, and bux. Thanks for voting and writing everyone, this was great!

EDIT: Update, I am a fool and I forgot Zubat is Simple. Claiming Carvanha instead.