Morphic - Open Thread ❄️Far Cry From Home❄️
#1
⫷======❄️======
❄️ Richter ❄️
Form: Alolan Vulpix
Ability: Snow Cloak
Affiliation: Rogue
Post Involves: N/A
⫷======❄️======
The first thing Richter wakes to is a lancing pain in their back, sharp and blazing. It is enough to paralyze them, forcing them to keep their eyes closed for a bit still. Trying to take stock, they come to find fine sand laying beneath their body, yet, it is cold. Colder than the feeling of the sun above them, or the warm water licking at their feet and... tail? Tails? A twitch of their body gives way to the sensation of there being more than one.

Eyes struggle through the pain to open, spotting first that their forelimbs are paws. They had always had paws, hadn't they? Why did they think of their back limbs as having 'feet' then? Casting the thought aside, Richter slowly pulls the small white limbs in, gathering them underneath their small body, cutting lines in the sand. Condensing their body seemed to sink them a little further into the sand but they wobbled upward into standing, fanning out their tail behind them to provide more stability. Limbs trembled with an unknown strain and a gentle breeze sent the white body flopping back onto the sand.

Deciding to rest there a little longer, Richter looked back down at his forelimbs, turning them to see paws and claws. Something about them had an echo in the small Vulpix's mind, but what was the most unusual in their head was the color.
⫷======❄️======
  Reply
#2
[Rookidee/Keen Eye]

A small purple and orange bird glides over the ebony sands of Wayward Cove before coming to rest on an equally small twig in the sand. The Rookidee looks over the figure nearby, their bright white fur clashing garishly with the surrounding black sand.

"Er...are you okay?" Seiro chirps, hoping his avian form's voice isn't too quiet. If it is, he could try another form, but for the moment he may as well get used to being small whenever he wants to fly long distances. Though he certainly didn't expect 'small' to mean so tiny a Vulpix is three times his height. The price we pay for convenience, sometimes...
  Reply
#3
⫷======❄️======
❄️ Richter ❄️
Form: Alolan Vulpix
Ability: Snow Cloak
Affiliation: Rogue
Post Involves: Seiro
⫷======❄️======

Glassy blue eyes slide their focus from white paws to the small bird sitting in front of them. The words are almost swallowed by the waves but as the small bird talks, the Vulpix's ears angle forwards to catch enough of the question to understand what the small bird asked of them. Okay was a bit of a relative term, they felt incredibly lost even just remaining in place.

They blinked at the small bird. A breath was taken before the response came, "I don't know why my back hurts so much." The scar was not something they can easily gaze at with its placement. Their own words caused the fox to pause, considering the lighter tone to a voice they don't remember speaking with before, like wind chimes.
⫷======❄️======
  Reply
#4
Natalya the Glaceon
:: Snow Cloak
A Glaceon deftly hops down a path along the steep cliff face. As she reaches the bottom, the Glaceon stops in her tracks, a good distance away from the snowy Vulpix and the small bird that she doesn't recognize the species of. She attempts to assess the situation, but her mind comes up short. She doesn't remember... anything about these species, not even intuitively; she recognizes the Vulpix at least, but the coloration of said Vulpix isn't very familiar to her.

Nevertheless, she steps forward, approaching the two of them...

"Umm... hi... if you don't mind me asking, what's going on here?"

Her voice is quiet - not quiet enough to be hard to hear, but her voice simply can't go any louder...
  Reply
#5
[Rookidee/Keen Eye]

Seiro's gaze darts between the two icy foxes, one much better suited for hiding in snow than the other. Something seems familiar about the Glaceon, though the tiny bird can't quite place what or why.

"Your back?" he echoes, flapping his wings to gain as much lift as possible before flying over the Vulpix's back. "Uh...you don't look too good. Big scar on your back. Did you hit something before washing up here? ...that you know of?" In Seiro's euphoria of finding out about why Richter's back has such a huge scar on it, he briefly forgot that forgetting is a key component of this island. "Oh, I'm Seiro, by the way," he says as he lands in front of the Vulpix.
  Reply
#6
⫷======❄️======
❄️ Richter ❄️
Form: Alolan Vulpix
Ability: Snow Cloak
Affiliation: Rogue
Post Involves: Seiro, Natayla
⫷======❄️======
Small ears perk up as what seems to have a familiar shape steps into view. Their mind supplies 'Eevee' but that doesn't sit right, Eevee are brown and fluffier, this one seems born of icicles. An ice Eevee, then, Eevee had other type forms, didn't they? Never mind that, she seemed to have questions too.

"Too much pain to move," they explained to the ice Eevee, struggling to rise once more in a visual demonstration, staggering. It came clear that the spinal scar tissue was currently also affecting the fox's joints. A poultice of healing berries may benefit the small fox's spine. With luck, it may allow the small creature some ease of movement. A soft grunt came from Richter as their legs gave way again and they met the black sand. It was coating their belly with how often they had been collapsing upon it, looking rather half and half, with the upper half white fur and the lower half black sand.
⫷======❄️======
  Reply
#7
Natalya the Glaceon :: Snow Cloak → Miki the Leafeon :: Chlorophyll
Suddenly, a flash of light envelops Natalya, and in her place after it fades is a Leafeon. A familiar one to the Rookidee present here, in fact.

"I might be able to help."

"Sorry if I scared you," Miki says calmly. "This might help with the pain. A little, at least," she adds.

The sound of a Heal Bell can be heard from somewhere within Miki's body. Something about it seems to encourage the scar on the Vulpix's back to mend itself, in a way that eases the pain and helps them gain a little more ease of movement. "You feeling better now?" she asks, extending a paw towards the Vulpix. "I tried to help, at least."
  Reply
#8
[Rookidee/Keen Eye]

One of the icy foxes suddenly changes form before Seiro's eyes, becoming a...Leafeon? Okay, now Seiro knows for certain who she is (they are?). "Oh, Miki! Sorry, I didn't recognize you at first," he admits.

The sound of her Heal Bell ringing out over the beach seems to calm the small Rookidee as well, making him feel at ease, almost as if he slept off an uneasy feeling he didn't even know he had. A couple deep breaths emanate from the avian before he spreads his wings again, inspecting the Vulpix's hopefully healed scar. He doesn't know if that Heal Bell actually did anything, but that is also what he's wanting to find out.
  Reply
#9
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
Character: Ricktor
Form: Pikachu
Ability: Static
Affiliation: Rogue
Post Involves: Richter, Siero, Miki
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

Ricktor had decided to continue his exploration of the island and any changes that had happened to it and it's inhabitants during his long time spent keeping to himself. The lack of Pokemon so far had made him paranoid he may be on his own in Mautte's wilderness, but the sound of talking down the cliffs had momentarily quelled that fear before it could take root. Peering over the edge at the black-sand beach below, he caught sight of the gathering tacking place and had to double-take for a moment.

Of the ones he could see, he though he recognized maybe one of them (Was that Miki? Was she still possessed by whatever thing it was that had altered her form and personality so drastically the last time he'd seen them? She'd seemed fine during their short conversation in the jungle, but...). He supposed that regardless he should at least attempt to see what was happening down below, and the quicker the better given at least one Pokemon looked injured. Using the abilities he'd learned during one of his visits to Mautte's great floating mountains, he paused a moment to feel the earth below, pushing enough electricity downwards to hopefully find a ley line.

Magnetic strength surged under his feet, causing him to Rise, and allowing him to seemingly Fly slowly down from the cliff-side to the beach below following the line, skipping the longer journey by foot he'd have needed to take to get down. 

"Hey! What's going on down here!" He calls, as he glides slowly closer, electric sparks flicking out from his paws where they met the air. "Is someone hurt?"
  Reply
#10
⫷======❄️======
❄️ Richter ❄️
Form: Alolan Vulpix
Ability: Snow Cloak
Affiliation: Rogue
Post Involves: Miki, Siero, Riktor
⫷======❄️======
The ice Eevee changed before Richter's own eyes and they flattened their ears against their own skull. Something like this... was this normal? The more they tried to think about it, the less it seemed to matter, until the bell rang out. The bell caused simultaneous pain and relief of it, the feeling from the scar lessened enough that the fox managed to stand this time without the pain.




They took a slow step back, away from the ice Eevee, which currently looked as though it had become a grass type. The scar itself remained on their back, however, refusing to be mended on a surface level. Some of the nerves knit back together in place along Richter's spine. The pain lingered on as well, but if they could stand, they could walk. Mobility left them less in danger on the beach, they could move to the treeline for shelter. A wary paw reached out toward Miki's at the offer of her own.



Before they could, a Pikachu flew toward them. The surprise caused him to drop his paw back down onto the sand for balance. Richter took a step back, a rear leg dipping into the water, chilling a small portion of the waves keeping the ice fox cornered. At least Pikachu was a familiar pokemon. That's... one that they knew for sure. The cold water caused a small flash of pain from their back, and the ice fox lifted its leg up from the water.


"Who are any of you?" They seemed to know each other, maybe this was a group attack? No, they seemed concerned for Richter's status.
⫷======❄️======
  Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)