Morphic - Open Thread Storm the Beaches ⚡
•• ━━━━━ •••• ━━━━━ ••
Character: Jiji
Form: Raikou
Ability: Pressure
Affiliation: Rogue
Post Involves: Seiro, Cassandra, Kai
•• ━━━━━ •••• ━━━━━ ••
The sudden arrival of the bird, settling so nearby, was unexpected. That they seemed to know more about him than he did was more so.

"A...Raikou?" He peers down at himself, and then realizing all that showed him was his feet, turned to look back at his body as best he could. A sodden mane of fur on top of a blindingly gold pelt greeted him, and he shivered. Was this really how he was meant to be? This was him? Somehow it felt...off, but he could not recall being different than this. A vague sense of incorrectness filled him but he could not place exactly what caused it.

"I am not sure I understand still, but, thank you for answering at least one of my questions. Waking up with no idea who or where I am was- discomforting."  He was still uncomfortable, and more confused than he would like, but this was a start at least. Two (possibly three?) creatures willing to help him understand what was happening, and no immediate danger helped take the edge of any anxiety. He leaned back to sit on his haunches, his sodden mane becoming uncomfortable to stand under the weight of.
•• ━━━━━ •••• ━━━━━ ••
Rinna the Gardevoir :: Trace
Rinna isn't sure why she's feeling drawn back to the beach she first found herself at when she washed up. Either way, as she makes her way down, on a route coincidentally a good distance away from where Astyn is watching from, she finds herself looking upon... a group of Pokémon she doesn't recognize.

"Umm... hello there!" she calls out awkwardly, before turning to look at each of the Pokémon before her. A Fletchling, a Braixen... a Lucario... and a Raikou. This looks like an interesting group.

"Erm, pleased to meet you! Rinna Ichihara, at your service... or something, haha!"

Rinna tries her best to hide that she's anxious about not being good with new people.
"If you don't mind me asking, who are all of you? I haven't seen any of you before," she continues.

Cassandra the Delphox (Ability: Magician)
Unaffiliated
This post affects: Jiji

In the span of moments a small crowd had gathered around the brightly colored quadruped. Cassandra was glad that she’d stayed back, in case the disorientation pushed it – the Raikou, apparently – into violence. She’d heard of the legendary beasts but never expected to meet one, much less be stranded with one. She held her tongue while Seiro explained what he could, and the others added to the conversation.

“Yes, my name is Cassandra,” she said. “We all seem to have washed up here with no idea how or why we ended up here. There are a few places that it looks as if we aren’t the first to be here, but no sign at all of recent habitation. And the island keeps providing more mysteries than answers.”

She looks to the Gardevoir who spoke most recently. “And as Rinna said, this is a large group, I haven’t seen this many clustered together. Something about your arrival seems to have drawn us here. For my part, I think it was this stone.”

Cassandra holds forth a small sphere that nestles in her palm. It seems dark, with tiny flashes of lightning briefly illuminating the depths. “I’ve found a few of them, and they differ in nature, but this particular one seemed to respond to your presence. Does it seem familiar to you?”
Staff, head grader, events & game design, judge, ranger. My stats (always a work in progress!)
Park: Evan Morphic: Aaren Cassandra
•• ━━━━━ •••• ━━━━━ ••
Post Involves: Seiro, Cassandra, Kai, Rinna
•• ━━━━━ •••• ━━━━━ ••
It seemed like there was a never ending line of creatures ready to clamber down the cliffs and onto the black sand beach to say hello. What sort of place was this where so many strange beings could congregate, and so fast? He could blink and miss another one showing up it felt like - though at least they were all friendly so far. Jiji hoped that was the norm and not an odd exception made for his arrival.

"This is a strange meeting, but...thank you all for welcoming me. Though I'm not sure I wouldn't have preferred not waking up on an island with no memory." Cassandra's introduction and the item she held drew his attention away from saying much else on the matter. Her question gives him pause, as he tries to focus on the object. The small storm roiling under it's surface felt...familiar. Like the sound of his own heart beat in his ears. Despite this, it doesn't bring anything to mind from his missing memory.

"It is an interesting stone, and it feels...like something, but I can't put a name to it. I don't recognize it though. May I ask what it is? Does it do anything?"
•• ━━━━━ •••• ━━━━━ ••
[Lucario/Inner Focus @ Mega Stone (Fighting, unattuned)]
[post affects Jiji, Cassandra]

The Lucario focuses a curious eye on the orb contained within Cassandra's hand-paw. His gaze then directs itself to the orange and green stones in his own hands. Are they related? What could they do?

"I...don't know what they do," Seiro speaks up. "But I do know I have others. The designs are different, but...the overall effect seems to be the same." He gets up from his seat and walks closer to the Raikou, showing the two stones he has before stepping back. "These have been popping up all over the island of late. Whatever they are, I feel there's something powerful within them. Though that's about the extent of my knowledge."
This post affects: Jiji and Seiro + bystanders

Cassandra nods along to the end of Seiro’s comment. “Indeed, some have even appeared where none were before. They seem to have different senses, and I’ve only found a couple that responded to me. I assume the rest are meant for others, if I can but find them.”

She takes a few steps towards the Raikou. “As to what they do, I don’t know. The first one I found that reacted to my presence, I have kept with me, and it seems to be growing closer. But it’s done nothing other than that.”

The Delphox pauses a moment, as if realizing what she said was confusing. “I’m sorry, that must sound strange. I have a talent for reading objects, their intents and their histories, though I’m not sure how or why. This stone here tells me nothing but that it’s locked away waiting for something. Perhaps that something is you?”

She extends the hand with the stone to the Raikou, offering for him to take it.
Staff, head grader, events & game design, judge, ranger. My stats (always a work in progress!)
•• ━━━━━ •••• ━━━━━ ••
Post Involves: Seiro, Cassandra, Kai, Rinna
•• ━━━━━ •••• ━━━━━ ••
These spheres seemed to be almost as mysterious as how he got here; an enigma wrapped in a series of questions he wasn't even sure he knew to ask. They exuded power but no one knew what they did? They reacted to people but not everyone? Where do you even begin with something like this? He'd only just woken up, and now bereft of memory or understanding was already being faced with so many oddities.

Cassandra's (he thought he remembered the creature's name correctly) offer of one such orb was a little startling, truth be told. These things sounded both rare and important, and he had literally just washed up out of nowhere as a nobody. He had a vague sense they considered him important, if the continued mentions of him being Raikou in some amount of awe were any indication, but he couldn't say why they'd think so. He looked at the paw extended towards him and the item held in it carefully.

"Are you certain you want to give that to me? These items sound...valuable, and rare, from how you've all described them. it seems a little strange to hand something like that over to a complete stranger."
•• ━━━━━ •••• ━━━━━ ••
Rinna the Gardevoir :: Trace

Rinna simply looks on, observing the situation at hand. The sight of the stone, crackling internally with electricity, was... interesting, to say the least. Her eyes dart between the different Pokémon on the beach, trying to recall their names. Cassandra was the Delphox, and... well, the others hadn't revealed theirs, but she wasn't about to interrupt the welcoming party just to ask for their names. She slowly steps back, in case things got messy with the strange stone and the Raikou. At least she wasn't trapped here; if something bad were to happen, she could just Teleport and escape up the cliff face.
[Lucario/Inner Focus @ Mega Stone (Fighting, unattuned)]
[post affects Jiji and sorta Cassandra]

A nod from the Lucario. "Perhaps that would be odd if it was something anyone could use, but that isn't the case here. Only some of us react to these stones, and even then the form we're in defines which stones we react to. If Cassandra's hypothesis is right, none of us but you could use that one."

Seiro walks forward as he speaks, becoming increasingly confident that the non-combative, if slightly shaken, aura from the Raikou is the real deal. He's never seen a Pokémon like this before, not even in some distant life he only has vague recollection of, which made him doubt his own auric perception at first, but so far Jiji's done nothing to contradict that assessment.
Disciple of the Forgotten
This post affects: Jiji and Seiro + bystanders

“And besides, though you don’t strike me as familiar, I can’t say for certain that you’re any more a stranger than I am. More importantly you’ve washed up in this place with no more knowledge or guidance than we have. That makes us kin, after a fashion.” Cassandra lowers her arm, though keeps the orb facing towards the Raikou. “All I sensed of this orb brought me to this place, in this moment, when you also were delivered here. That makes me think it was meant for you, though by whom and for what purpose I couldn’t say.”

Only belatedly does she seem to realize the Raikou’s difficulty in holding or carrying the orb. “If you wish first to gain your bearings or look about the place, you may do what you need to. I’ve found a series of stones half-buried in a part of the desert; if you don’t wish to take it now, I’ll keep hold of it for you. Seek me out if you wish it later, instead.”