Morphic - Open Thread Storm the Beaches ⚡
•• ━━━━━ •••• ━━━━━ ••
Character: Jiji
Form: Raikou
Ability: Pressure
Affiliation: Rogue
Post Involves: n/a
•• ━━━━━ •••• ━━━━━ ••

He felt heavy; limbs dragged down by invisible weight and his head being buried further and further in the...sand? He was laying on sand? Wha...?

It took longer than was comfortable to pry his eyes open to see what was going on, and where he was. A large swathe of sand and rocks greeted him. Water lapped at his legs then, and he shuddered, pulling himself further ahead with difficulty after a moment. He was on a beach then, though how he'd gotten there was a blurred mess of images and colors in his mind's eye instead of a clear memory. Perhaps there had been a ship...? but further detail escaped him, and he had more pressing problems to deal with.

First of them being standing up and figuring out exactly where he was. Seawater streamed down his back where it escaped from the sodden mess of his mane (Was he supposed to have a mane? Something about that felt strange to think...)

Those first tumbling steps took him far longer than he'd ever like to admit, but eventually he was up and and to properly look at where he was. Just where had he ended up?
•• ━━━━━ •••• ━━━━━ ••
[Lucario/Inner Focus @ Mega Stone (Fighting, unattuned)]

The sound of waves crashing against the remote beach is broken by footfalls upon the sand. Emerging from the cliffs at the far end of the ocean is a bipedal canine, clad in cyan and beige fur. The Lucario seems to be clutching an odd spherical object in his right hand-paw.

Seiro's ears perk up at a new sound entering them - that of a large quadrupedal beast rising to their own paws. He speeds up his walk as the large feline on the horizon catches his eye. Yellow, very tall, has a funky purple mane... Just what could this be? Obviously they're a Pokémon, but what one specifically?

And then the Lucario's voice breaks the relative silence. "Uh...hello?" he calls out, standing far enough away from whatever the yellow feline is to avoid danger but close enough to hold a conversation.
Cassandra the Delphox (Ability: Magician)
Unaffiliated
This post affects: Jiji

Cassandra had dreamed of the beach last night. Waves of black sand crashed against the stilled glass of the ocean, while lightning flickered in its depths. Was it just a dream, or a portent? Perhaps a glimpse of a deeper meaning would await her there.

She made her way down the twisting sandy path. In contrast to her dream the onyx dunes were still, and the waves gently splashed against them. She shivered as she remembered the cold of washing up, but the sky seemed clear of storm clouds and rain.

But not all was as still as it seemed. One of the strange stones in her satchel seemed to surge with energy, and she kept an eye on the beach as she reached in to retrieve it. The flickering rock that she’d found under dry storms in the meadow nearly sang with power.

Cassandra noticed movement beside a dune; a large, yellow quadruped heaved itself up from the sand. Its damp blue mane draped about its front shoulders. The stone seemed to be reacting to the presence of the creature before her.

Before she could call out a greeting, she heard someone else do the same on the far side of the Raikou. After a moment she recognized it as the Lucario she’d met in the crater. She walked closer but kept some distance between her and the stranger, not wanting to startle it with waking up surrounded.
Staff, head grader, events & game design, judge, ranger. My stats (always a work in progress!)
Park: Evan Morphic: Aaren Cassandra
Kai, Fletchling - Ability: Big Pecks - Affiliation: none
This post affects no one.

After days of exploring the island, Kai felt herself drawn back to the beach. It was part of something else... something important, something bigger, but by the time she was able to return, the feeling had gone elsewhere. 

Irritated with herself, the Fletchling let out a loud cry as she neared the cliffs, but winced at it echoed back. 

Maybe whatever she had been looking for had left, but she still felt tingles drawing her to the black sanded area. 

Kai could see three figures from her point of view, each standing a nice distance away from the next. 

First, in the middle, was a golden cat, striped like a tiger, a red mane on its back and white fur underneath. It looked a bit off but - A Raikou... The word sploshed around in her mind, as if she remembered, but not exactly, and when she tried to focus on it, the memory receded back under. It was disturbing, but she forced herself to focus on the other two figures.

The second figure was a two-legged fox, with dark mustard fur and ear tufts the color of maroon. It was quite tall, much more to her due to her tiny stature, but it lacked the stick she was so used to seeing. 

But the final figure was the one who tugged her mind the most. It was a Lucario, that she knew for sure. It didn't matter that its fur was a shocking cyan blue, she knew, somewhere in her mind, exactly what it was. 

Kai flew closer to the three figures. They didn't seem to be dangerous, not at all, but keeping her distance was probably safe. Taking a large flap, she glid above them but didn't speak. Kai didn't want to interrupt, only observe the meeting.
•• ━━━━━ •••• ━━━━━ ••
Affiliation: Rogue
Post Involves: Seiro, Cassandra, Kai
•• ━━━━━ •••• ━━━━━ ••

There was a voice suddenly and he turned, some buried instinct driving him to bare his tremendous teeth as her turned, as electricity suddenly surged along his spine in huge arcs. Within a moment it stops, and Jiji is stuck wondering how and why that had happened, having no memory of having done anything similar before. No memory of much of anything, really.

The figure in front of him is upright, and a piercing blue color almost as bright as the lightning that had escaped Jiji's body a moment earlier. We're they the one that had called out? He hadn't thought anyone else would be around, but he wasn't sure why; everything was just so strange. Why couldn't he remember?

Even as he goes to speak, a sudden cry echoes over the beach, and he turns up to see a small bird fluttering towards them. What was this one then? Or was it who? His confusion is only mounting, and as he goes to turn back towards the blue-figure and spots what seems to be a fox standing nearby, the feeling of disorientation only grows. 

"I...do not understand."

•• ━━━━━ •••• ━━━━━ ••
[post affects Jiji and sorta Cassandra]

The auric canine's gaze sweeps across the scene, noticing two other Pokémon had joined him since he last spoke. To one side of him is Cassandra, the Delphox - well, Braixen at the time - he met earlier in the Parched Crater. So, she evolved, huh? And to his other side is a small, unassuming avian, a Fletchling. Pokémon come in all shapes and sizes, Seiro reasons, so he shouldn't dismiss the Fletchling as unassuming just because they're small.

"Don't understand what?" Seiro asks. "Are you...new here? Mautte is rather rough for first-timers. I should know. I was in that position once." The Lucario spots a small rock to sit down on, and does so, wanting to rest his legs a bit.

ASTYN

The King's First Wave / Corrosion

She'd come to revisit the mysterious beach where she'd washed up, if only to see if she can pry open more of its mysteries, but from the top of the jungle-coated cliff heights, she cannot help but linger, like a moth drawn to the most delicious of flame--though unlike a moth, she manages to show at least a little bit of self-restraint. Astyn spots a vibrant-colored beast, rugged with the sea's touch; a blue-furred bipedal creature; a snack-sized bird flitting higher above; and of course, the familiar figure of the Delphox whose evolution she'd witnessed at the standing stones.

There's too many there for her to cause trouble, at least not with some backup [ where's that Gengar lad when you needed him--he seemed risky enough ], but she figures that with this many people, it's an event worth witnessing, even if she can't hear what's going on. And so from the jungle's undergrowth, she peers down from atop the sheer drop, camouflaged nicely in the dark shadows behind the leaves.

[ Astyn is hidden on top of the cliffs! ]

•• ━━━━━ •••• ━━━━━ ••
[align=center]Affiliation: Rogue
Post Involves: Seiro, Cassandra, Kai
•• ━━━━━ •••• ━━━━━ ••

"Anything. Who are all of you...where is here? Who...am I? My memory-"
Everything in his thoughts is blurred and unfocused, and he shakes himself, spraying seawater and sand off himself in the process, trying to refocus but finding his thoughts just as muddled as before. Like trying to peer through thick mist at something you know should be there, only to find you can't locate it. Frustrating. Frightening.

Water sloshes against his feet and drives him forward, clambering further ashore and leaving deep divots in the sand; gashes slashed into the black silt where his enormous claws rend the ground with each footfall. Jiji finds it unnerving for some reason (Was he meant to do that?). Whatever else, the creature talking to him seemed to know something, though what and how useful that knowledge was he didn't know.

A deep growl rumbles out from him, causing nearby pebbles to quake. The situation is disheartening and aggravating all at once.

"Please. Give me answers."
•• ━━━━━ ••⚡•• ━━━━━ ••
[post affects Jiji and somewhat Cassandra/Kai]

The Lucario takes a deep breath from his rocky seat. "Okay, first things first. My name is Seiro. This island is called Mautte." While he could answer the last question, he figures with three Pokémon present he should let them speak as well. "I...don't exactly know what Pokémon you are, but we're all Pokémon of some sort. Whatever you are, though, you look really powerful. And, uh, filled with electricity," he hesitates, not sure how else to phrase being an Electric-type.

Seiro idly paws at the sand with his free hand, doodling a vague circular outline with lines pointing near a divot in the shape. "If there's anything else you want to know, I'm sure Cassandra and...er, the Fletchling; I don't know their name...can help. I can too, of course."
Kai, Fletchling - Ability: Big Pecks - Affiliation: none
This post affects Jiji and Seiro, somewhat Cassandra.

Kai circled above the trio of pokemon as they spoke, unimpressed. And then the Lucario called her 'the Fletchling,' causing her to cringe, and although she did her best to hide it, she was sure some pokemon must've noticed. It hit too close to when... they... called her... what did they call her? She couldn't remember and any attempts brought back that murky feeling she'd experienced when she washed up on the beach around a week ago. She just knew she didn't like it.

Once again irritated at herself, Kai forced her mind to think of a different topic. Maybe like... what was the Lucario's name again? It was Seiro, wasn't it? Yes. And he didn't know what pokemon the Raikou was? Maybe it was time to introduce herself. 

Unexpectedly swerving closer to the pokemon down below, Kai continued gliding just a few feet above the Raikou's head. 

"You're a Raikou," she tells him before shooting a wary glance at the Lu- Seiro. "And my name is Kai. Not 'the Fletchling.' Don't call me that," she says mildly. After all, he didn't know. It wasn't his fault.

Turning back to the Raikou, Kai continued, "You're a really strong pokemon and... I'm not sure how your powers work, but I think you might be able to control electricity." She stated it like a fact, however unsure. How in the world did pokemon phrase how their types worked?