luck's litterbox; a story journal
so this is gonna be my story journal! there'll likely be a variety of little things here, things to flesh out my characters and immerse myself more in my pokemon world. works will likely be cross-posted on archive of our own, so if you see them there don't worry! it's me too.

started: november 1st
longest streak: 1 day
current streak: 1 day
latest story: next gen profile one
"This is freakin' insane."

Kazuichi Souda groans and looks over at his boyfriend, Gundham Tanaka, who's laying on the pillows on the floor next to him. They've probably got about twenty fans going right now, but it's not enough. The intense heat swept into their school fast, covering Hope's Peak and everyone in it in what felt like a thick, heavy blanket of fire. If it gets any hotter, Kazuichi thinks, he might just explode.

Normally, the air conditioner would be on, but it's broken. This would be something Kazuichi could fix, being the Ultimate Mechanic and all, but for whatever reason he's not allowed to go poking around at the vents and such. So he's stuck suffering with everyone else.

Gundham's probably hotter than he is right now, though. As soon as the A/C failed, he went to check on all of the school's Pokemon and make sure none of them would be harmed from the failure. It's his job to care for them, and he takes it incredibly seriously, even outside of being the Ultimate Breeder.

For once, his scarf is off, and his Togedemaru -- the Four Dark Devas of Destruction, or as Kazuichi refers to them, his stepchildren -- are resting not too far away under the desk. It's a little cooler there, closer to the ground and underneath the shade of the table. Kazuichi would crawl under there too if he was small enough. For now, though, all he and Gundham can do is lie on the floor. Kazuichi took off his shirt a long time ago, and elected to wear a pair of shorts instead of the sweatpants he might normally put on.

Gundham, on the other hand, is still in his shirt and binder, his characteristic coat not far away, his legs still painfully covered by his jeans. He's quite obviously uncomfortable, but Kazuichi doesn't press, because he knows why he won't take them off. A poor self-image is a difficult enemy to battle.

On Kazuichi's other side, his Porygon, Data, whirs away, the little Pokemon's internal and external fans working in near-overdrive to keep it from overheating. Data doesn't particularly like the Pokeball, so as long as it can keep itself somewhat cool this way, Kazuichi won't force it in. Plus, the extra breeze from the Porygon's fans feels pretty nice on his face.

Then, he thinks about the suffering Gundham, and turns his head towards Data. It's about all the movement he can manage right now. "Psst, Data. Go sit next to Gundham," he murmurs. The Porygon whirs and chirps in response, then floats over to Gundham's side, resting beside his head. Gundham almost doesn't notice until a few moments later, but when he does, he gives a little smile in Kazuichi's direction.

Maybe there's one good thing about the heat.

cc: 2650
characters: Gundham Tanaka, Kazuichi Souda (Super DanganRonpa 2)
pokemon: Data the Porygon, others mentioned
[-] The following 1 user Likes luckgandor's post:
  • Voltaire Magneton
Main Characters of the Pokeverse, and their Teams

Pokemon Main Verse

Storm is the first child and oldest son of Jessie and James. He's thirteen years old, choosing to wait three years before starting his Pokemon journey in order to do more studying on the world of Pokemon. He's half-blind and deaf and uses a multitude of accessibility aids to help him get around, as well as using his service Pokemon -- a Growlithe named Blitzen. So far, his team only consists of Blitzen and his Meowth, Chiara, the talking daughter of the original Team Rocket's Meowth and Giovanni's Persian.

Planned Encounters

Honey the Female Bulbasaur - Starter Pokemon from Liz
Mitsy the Female Togepi - captured on journey
Nero the Male Ralts - rescue
Henry the Male Skitty - battle capture
Rutherford the Male Espurr - battle capture
??? the Male Eevee - ???
??? the Male Vulpix - ???
??? the Female Murkrow - ???

cc: 880
characters: Storm (next gen OC)
pokemon: several

--- This doesn't count for the journal I just wanted to update ---

Ruby is the oldest son of Ash, Misty, and Kiawe, and the oldest of their kids as a whole. He's twelve years old and Storm's best friend. He, too, decided to wait to set off on his journey, despite his parents all having started when they were ten. He didn't want to leave without Storm being there. He's a little bit of a troublemaker. So far, his team consists of Bolt, a Pichu and the son of Ash's Pikachu, and Chomper, a male Fennekin he got as his starter.

Planned Encounters

??? the Female Rapidash - ???
??? the Male Galvantula - ???
??? the Female Cherubi - rescue
??? the Male Mudkip - battle capture
??? the Female Rowlett - friendship capture

Hetalia

Amel Kirkland-Jones is the oldest son of Alfred F. Jones (America) and Arthur Kirkland (England/Britain), and the oldest of all of their ten children. He's sixteen years old and is used to being in charge, often the one giving orders and taking charge in the friend group. He tries to act prim and proper, but every once and a while the American in him comes out. He's honestly very kind at heart, he just doesn't quite know how to show it. His father was a champion, and he wants to be one, too, to live up to his legacy. His team as of now consists of Sparky, a female Pichu, and Duke, a male Growlithe who doesn't fight due to an injury.
[Screen opens completely black. A voice narrates from off-screen.]

NARRATOR: Life is a strong, complex thing. Humans barely understand its full meaning, even after existing for millions of years. For a long time, too, we foolishly believed that we were alone in the universe.

[Screen fades in to a view of the world, but not a world we would be familiar with seeing; this is the Pokemon world.]

NARRATOR: Humans have trouble admitting that we don't know everything, so instead we act like we have all the answers. But approximately twenty years ago, everything changed for the world we know as the Pokemon world.

[Screen zooms in on the planet, and the view is now from the ground, looking up towards the sky. All appears to be normal for a moment, until a crack opens in the sky and a bright light beams out through it. For the rest of the monologue, different scenes flash on the screen, mostly of people in different situations, as well as Pokemon.]

NARRATOR: It was as though the sky itself had opened up and split the universe. According to people who were there, that's exactly what it felt like, anyway. People tried to brush it off at first as some kind of strange natural phenomenon, but then... people started showing up. People who didn't exist before that moment in our reality.

NARRATOR: According to my parents, the adjustment was difficult for a lot of people, and many of the newcomers ended up sticking together. They came from different worlds, different timelines, with different traditions and customs and... everything, really. But, eventually, life falls into familiar patterns. They learned to live here, and grew up, had kids of their own and built their own homes.

NARRATOR: But it was inevitable that, one day, their kin would reach out to find other places to live. Eventually, they would want to know the world beyond the neighborhoods they grew up in.

[Scenes cut to a scene of a boy sitting upright on a hill. The hill is covered with wildflowers of many colors. He reaches to the side and plucks a single purple flower from the ground and holds it between his fingers.]

NARRATOR: That's more or less where I come in. I was born seven years after The Rift -- seven years to the day, in fact. Today marks my thirteenth birthday, and twenty years since The Rift. It also marks ten years since I met Mew, and was blessed by them. A lot of people in my world would call my memories a work of fiction, something that couldn't possibly be true... but I know.

NARRATOR: My name is Storm Fujimoto, and when I was three years old, I spoke to a Mew, and we bonded. Now I have to find them again.

cc: 2,605
character: Storm
pokemon: mentioned
[Scene opens to a pale blue-violet haired boy standing on the edge of a porch, connected to a modest-sized house. At his side sits a young Growlithe, ears pricked and alert, ready to act if his partner deems it necessary. The boy leans down a little to scratch behind the Growlithe's ears.]

STORM: [excitedly] Today's the day, Blitzen. I get to start my Pokemon journey today... and try to find Mew again.

BLITZEN: Growl! [His tail wags excitedly.]

STORM: Yeah, I know, it's pretty exciting, isn't it?

STORM: [narrating] I had to wait three extra years to go on my journey, because I wanted to learn more about the world we lived in. I wanted to be a step ahead when the time came for me to go; that's just the kind of person I am.

???: [from off-screen] Hey, kiddo, you're up early.

(Next scene: James and Storm have a nice talk. Storm reflects on his family life. At some point, they go inside so Storm can say goodbye to Jessie before setting off to meet Ruby at Liz’s lab.)

cc: 971
characters: Storm, James for a single sentence
pokemon: Blitzen the Growlithe