Morphic - Private Thread Transcendence
Kinji the Darmanitan (Sheer Force)
This post affects Gawain.
[Image: Spr_5b_555.png]

It was a long trek through the desert, but Kinji always enjoyed it. He didn't quite work up a sweat on his brow, but he rubbed them as if he had as he spotted the oasis a few miles away. He'd been wandering aimlessly throughout Mautte since coming into possession of the body previously belonging to the fluffy one, retreating into his Zen Mode as night fell. The desert, however, made him feel at ease, as if every inch of it was beaming at his presence. He smiled, happy to once again be among those sandy shores as he continued his trek.

Today, he was heading for the Oasis; he'd seen it before, of course, but had steered clear in the past. He wasn't sure if it had been real on his first sighting, but subsequent visits made him more confident in its existence. Some thing about it tugged on his mind, as if he belonged there, and he planned to get to the bottom of it. Perhaps it would be the key he needed to return his borrowed flesh.
Abras are so cute!
Joined URPG 1/28/2017!
Competitive Showdown player
TEAM A.C.T. ALL THE WAY
[Image: a12pB4a9m_480wa_v1.gif]
Gawain the Manectric (Static Ability).
Knights of Avalon (Castellan).
Affected RPers: Gold (Kinji).

Wide-open sands and skies provide freedom and light paws. As soon as the sun begins descending from its zenith, he breaks loose, skimming over the sands. He keeps each sprint short, jaunty; he doesn't want to overexert himself, even this close to the desert's edge. He makes sure to keep the plains in one eye's sight, just in case his thirst becomes too powerful. But as he roams, he sees a new shape - a huge, red Pokemon, with what looks like eyebrows made from fire.

"Hail and well-met!" Gawain raises his tail and projects his voice over the long distance, trotting at a leisurely pace toward the stranger with his jaws slightly parted in a pant. "I don't believe we've met before, stranger. I am called Sir Gawain. And you?"

"Before, I had a different name, but the winds now call me Kinji." Kinji replied, in a wistful flourish. "Gawain... Gawain... I feel like I've heard that name before, somewhere." KInji scratched his flaming eyebrows, as if trying to pull the memory from his unwilling brain. "Well, anyways, have you come to oasis for a drink as well?" KInji smiled as he looked out over the sea of gold, and the diamond in the rough they were standing near. The Oasis was as blue and beautiful as any ocean, and much more inviting; Kinji couldn't get over how . Kinji's mouth watered as he thought about slaking his thirst. He pictured in his mind the drink, and then burrowing a bit under the warm sand in his Zen Mode. Hopefully, the conversation with the Sylveon wouldn't last long, but Kinji was patient if it was. It was the least he could do for a fellow traveler.
Abras are so cute!
Joined URPG 1/28/2017!
TEAM A.C.T. ALL THE WAY

The... winds? Gawain isn’t sure how wind can name someone, but he’s heard of stranger occurrences on Mautte and lets the comment pass without incident. Instead, he tilts his head, following Kinji’s gaze.

The oasis is much closer than Gawain had thought. He blinks in surprise, wondering what other landmarks he’s failed to notice. Or maybe he’s strayed off his usual paths. He’ll have to follow his scent carefully on his return trip; getting lost in the wilderness because of an afternoon run would be truly stupid.

“Not intentionally,” Gawain confesses, “but I’ll happily take one. This form was made to run, but most creatures need their water.”

With light steps, Gawain pads over to the water. Between the cool water and the shade of the surrounding palm trees, the air is much cooler here. Gawain’s tail wags almost involuntarily as he drinks. Maybe he’ll spend some time here. It would be a much more pleasant place to run than the dunes.

“As for familiarity, are you perhaps familiar with the Pokémon called Miki, Io, or Seiro? As far as I can remember, they’re the ones you’ll have likeliest heard of me from.”

Kinji watched the young quadruped as they both took a drink from the Oasis. It wasn't the most beautiful spot in the world, but something about the place just made Kinji feel at home. He watched the wind blow some sand to and fro, and the relative calm of the waters. This would definitely make a good home for him, if he could ever stop travelling. "Nay, I haven't heard those names... though, actually, Io seems like it could be familiar." He wrenched his mouth open a bit, as if chewing over the names over some morning stew. "But, anyways, no use trying to solve a mystery that will surely solve itself with time. From where do you come from, little one, and what's your purpose? Might as well get to actually knowing each other while we wait to find out why."
Abras are so cute!
Joined URPG 1/28/2017!
TEAM A.C.T. ALL THE WAY

Gawain, having drunk his fill while Kinji spoke, licks his chops. Kinji speaks like an older Pokemon. Gawain is reminded of that Nidoking he once met in his forest, beneath the moonlight - Grepher, Gawain remembers. It's been a long time since Gawain's seen him. 

But Gawain is at least reasonably certain that Kinji is a different Pokemon. Even though he looks different now from when he met Grepher, surely his name would be remembered as more than a faint figment. 

"Today, I came from the pinewood on the plains," Gawain says, the wry humor in his voice just a shade shy of sincerity. "Before that, I haven't got the foggiest recollection. A story you've heard before, I'm quite sure. As for my purpose..." he pauses, thoughtful. Even with his recent clarity and drive, he's still not entirely sure what he wants, what he's striving for. His goals are so nebulous and grandiose... but then again, would they really be worth pursuing if they weren't lofty. "I'm trying to bring the Pokemon of Mautte together, under a shared banner," he says simply. "To bring a sense of order... and yes, shared purpose, to an island full of Pokemon who've been left drifting."