Morphic - Open Thread Sirocco
Cassandra the Braixen [Ability: Magician]
Unaffiliated

Cassandra lay on her back at the lip of a large crater. She'd found a patch of blown sand in a small crevice, open to the sun but partially shielding her from the buffeting winds. The blistering heat seemed to settle all the way to her bones, and for the first time since she’d arrived on the island she felt properly warm.

After one final, deep stretch she pushed herself up from the sandy nook. She blinked against the bright sunlight and scanned the horizon. The only cloud she could see appeared to be an intermittent trickle of soot rising from the nearby volcano’s top.

Satisfied that no storms were imminent, she began to carefully pick her way down the crater’s steep walls. The wind tugged at her fur and the rocks underfoot seemed unstable, but the glint from the bottom drew her forward despite the danger. It was too varied in color to simply be melted sand, and depending on the type of mineral deposits they might be useful to collect.
Staff, head grader, judge. My stats (always a work in progress!)
Park: Evan Morphic: Aaren Cassandra
[Lucario/Inner Focus @ Mega Stone (Fighting, unattuned)]

Breaking the ominous howling of the desert winds in favor of other sounds are the footsteps of a Lucario walking through the sand. Seiro would rather be in his Floatzel form, since it can take heat better, but being able to weather the sandstorms is more important to him. He walks over to the top of the crater, peering down into it.

As he looks over the crater, he spots a Braixen climbing deeper into the crater. He eases himself off the top of the crater, gripping the rocky outcroppings with one hand-paw while his other tightly holds a greyish spherical stone. He uses controlled bursts of aura from his spikes to slow his descent between gripping points, not confident enough to use Extreme Speed for the entire drop. That could get messy if things went wrong.
The crater’s walls seemed less steep as Cassandra made it further into the crater. She was still a ways above the bottom, but here and there were outcroppings of rock large enough to stand or even sit on with room to spare. The swirling winds in the crater still snatched at her fur, and she decided to take a few minutes to rest her paws.

Settling herself cross-legged on one of the stone promontories, she spotted a splash of blue contrasting with the reddish of the crater. A bipedal blue and yellow Pokemon was similarly making its way down another path with more agility than she had. It was a Lucario, she thought, generally skilled fighters and more in tune with the world of spirit. Perhaps it could be an ally.

She waved at the descending figure, and shouted a greeting that is partly stolen by the wind. “Hello and well met!”

Seiro looks over toward where his canine hears picked up a voice from across the crater. Noticing another figure standing out among the sand-filled crater, he hastens his descent, hopping straight to the crater's surface once he's low enough. He walks over to the Delphox, the stone still tightly gripped in a hand-paw.

"Oh, hello!" he greets warmly. "I'm Seiro. Who are you? I don't feel like we've met before." He certainly seems eager at the sight of another Pokémon in an area as desolate as this, as evidenced by his tail waving back and forth at ever-increasing speeds. The wind continues to blow around the crater, but Seiro stands firm against it.
Well, that’s a good sign, she thinks. The Braixen smiles at his friendly greeting and stands up. “Hello! Cassandra is my name, and if we’ve met before then the memories were among those stolen by this place.” Her smile turns to a rueful grin at that last, but she has no way to know if her lost thoughts were of good or bad experiences.

She moves her satchel around to a more comfortable position on her back and shifts her weight to the other paw. “Nobody else has seemed to remember anything of substance before they washed up here. Do you have any idea where we might be, or what this island is about?”

A blink, then a shrug. "You...don't sound like you've been on the island all that long. Have you?" As he asks the question, Seiro walks over to a rock half-embedded in the sand and takes a seat. "As for where we are, other than a crater in a desert, your guess is as good as mine. I'm not really that familiar with the lay of the island yet."

Seiro seems to avoid the topic of memory entirely, since that's not something he'd rather dwell on at the moment. He contemplates asking about forms, but realizes that the answer to that would be from how long Cassandra's been on the island. And so he sits on the rock, calmly awaiting the answer to all his questions.
[Cassandra the Braixen (Ability: Magician)]

Cassandra follows the Lucario as he finds a place to sit. “No, I have only been here a few days,” she responds. “I think there was a shipwreck, or some kind of battle, but the first clear memory I have was drifting up to a black sand beach here in the middle of a storm.”

She finds a perch to lean against. “And I’ve only met a few other beings on this island. I’ve wandered a bit through jungle, up the side of those mountains, and then here in the desert. But I have no idea where the island itself is, and worse, I’m not sure where else there is. I can’t even remember where I’m from.”

She scuffs the dirt with a paw as she seems to compose herself. “I’m not sure why I, or any of us, are here. There must be something about this place, though, and I’m sure with some effort and exploration we can uncover that mystery.”