Morphic - Open Thread everybody was diamond mining
Rinna the Gardevoir
Ability: Synchronize

Rinna walks through the cave, not yet having made it very far from the entrance to the caverns. Unsure of where to go, she'd decided to take shelter from an incoming storm in a nearby cave. The recent tremors had caused a cave-in not too far from the entrance, blocking off one path; she'd stayed near the entrance for now, hoping there would be no more ceilings caving in.

As she conjures a will o' wisp to light her path, her psychic senses detect thunderclaps coming from the entrance, though the dim light still shining in gives her some reassurance that at least she won't get stuck in here. The storm must be rolling in now in full force. She'll just hope nobody hostile comes in...
Aaren the Aggron (Ability: Rock Head)
Unaffiliated
Post affects: Rinna

Between the claps of thunder, the sound of crunching gravel seems to draw closer. The cave entrance briefly darkens as a large bipedal figure makes its way in. Most of the figure is covered in dark hide, but spots of a shiny steel adorn its knees, elbows, and horned head. Water streams from its body and puddles around his feet as the Aggron heaves a rumbling sigh.

“Well, at least the rain is good for the plants,” he growls. Stretching his neck and looking around the cave, he sees the flicker of light from further down the tunnel. “Hello? Is someone there?” he calls out. He takes a few more steps down the tunnel to find the source of the strangely dancing glow, wary of the darkness.
Staff, head grader, judge. My stats (always a work in progress!)
Park: Evan Morphic: Aaren Cassandra
Rinna the Gardevoir
The light dances around the cavern, and Rinna is too focused on maintaining the light in her hand that she doesn't quite notice the sound of heavy steps approaching, until...

"Hello? Is someone there?"

Rinna jumps a little as the sound of someone else's voice reaches her ears. The will-o-wisp falls to the floor and dissipates, but she quickly conjures another. She turns to face whoever is coming in. Possibilities race through her mind. What if it's a potential enemy? What if she's in danger?

The voice seems rather concerned to her, though, and it doesn't seem to carry malice, so instead of running deeper, she replies, albeit somewhat nervously.

"Umm... hello? Don't mind me! Just hiding from the rain."
Unaffiliated
Post affects: Rinna

The light seems to flicker out before strengthening again and the Aggron takes another few steps forward. A light voice calls out in response down the tunnel and Aaren relaxes a little. “I would not mind someone without having met them before, and I do not recognize your voice. I am Aaren, and have been exploring these caves, looking for a way to go deeper.”

Aaren continues walking down the tunnel until he meets the Gardevoir, and stops with plenty of space between them. “The way the mountains above are sitting, I would expect the stone here to be easily dissolved and full of minerals, possibly riddled with caverns and tunnels.” He notices a small trickle of water on the floor, likely from the rain outside. “See, the water flows naturally to lower points.”
Rinna the Gardevoir
Rinna smiles at the Aggron as he introduces himself, then introduces herself in turn. "Pleased to meet you, Aaren. My name is Rinna. Rinna Ichihara. At your service."

She curtsies politely. Manners were always good to start with, or so she was taught... but by who she does not remember.

"So, what are you here for, then? Minerals? Gemstones?" She pauses for a moment. "I'm just here for the shelter... though I wouldn't mind following you. Waiting out the rain is awfully boring, I feel."

As she speaks, the will-o-wisp starts to slowly fade, and she channels more energy into it to keep it going. 

"Do you have a light, by any chance?"
Unaffiliated, post affects Rinna

“Rinna,” the Aggron rumbles, “well met. You are certainly welcome to follow me, though no, I have no light. I don’t think I need one, though. I’ve never lost my way underground, but I couldn’t tell you how I know that. My other exploration has been like a memory and I somehow know where the tunnel around me is.”

Aaren scratches his skull at the base of a horn, the scrape of metal on metal is quiet but unpleasant. “As to what I seek, well, I don’t know myself. I have this feeling, more a certainty, that I will find something down there. I don’t know what, and I don’t know why or where the feeling comes from.”

He regards the Gardevoir again. “I don’t mean to pry, but have you had such a conviction yourself, or any other strange urges that this island seems to awaken in you?”
Rinna the Gardevoir
"Well, even if you don't need a light, I can't really see in the dark, so I suppose I shall keep this" - she gestures to the will-o-wisp with her free hand - " err, this flame burning for the time being..."

Rinna listens, interested in what the Aggron has to say. Perhaps they would, in fact, find something down there. What it was exactly she did not know. She just didn't want to get lost in the caves...

Strange urges, Aaren mentions. "Hmm? Not really, no." Rinna stops walking to channel more energy into the will-o-wisp in her hand, before continuing.

"I just... I don't know what I'm here for, or what I'm meant to do... but I haven't gained any insight into that, either..."