Morphic - Private Thread Diving Deeper (Seiro/Mizuka)
[Floatzel/Swift Swim]

Seiro had been swimming for quite some time now. The kelp growing along the seabed filled him up a lot more than he expected, keeping him from going hungry on this dive. He glances ahead every so often, making sure the Vaporeon in front of him doesn't slip out of his sight...though, now that the Floatzel thinks about it, that sounds like something Vaporeon could do without even trying.

Over the night, there was a rather loud rumbling sound from beneath Seiro. Could it have been an earthquake? Perhaps. He doesn't know.

As he dives deeper, he begins to see a brilliant glow light up the water beneath him. Coral of all colors and sizes is growing along the seabed, illuminating the deep water with enough light that one could think they were still near the surface.
Mizuka the Vaporeon / Water Absorb

Mizuka seems to notice neither the sound of rumbling earth nor the small cracks opening in the ground and releasing bubbles. She assumed it was simply a natural feature of the terrain; she's seen enough strange things through the others' eyes to not question that.

Then she swims a little further down, and sees massive clumps of coral growing all over the ocean floor, lighting up the ground with their... natural light, she thinks.

"Well, we've reached the bottom... I'd say we have to get back to shore before midday or so, or the others will get a little annoyed at me for spending an entire day at sea," she notes. Seiro probably would want to go back at some point too...
[Floatzel/Swift Swim]

"Yeah, that's definitely something to consider," Seiro notes, his twin tails twitching idly as he stops his descent. "Were we on land, I'd turn back into a Lucario to let them know, but when we're this far underwater, that's hardly an option," he notes, glancing at the glowing coral briefly. "Should we start heading back, then?"

The ocean certainly holds vast beauties, Seiro muses. As appealing as it may sound for a home, he doubts he'd really enjoy being stuck in a single form most of the time. At least when he's on land, he can pick whichever form he likes most at that moment. Underwater, he doesn't really have that option.

Mizuka stops for a moment. Head back so soon?

"No, not really, I say we stay here for a little longer. Oh, but now that I think about it..."

The Vaporeon motions to the seafloor. Some of the coral seems to have been damaged recently, she's noticed. "I think those rumbling noises we heard earlier... they might be something to do with this..."

Surely something must be up with this new development. She thinks to herself quietly, floating in the water, tail-fin motionless...

There's got to be something going on... Well, at least the others don't know... I doubt they want to do anything while I'm underwater...

I just hope they don't get too startled if anything else has happened...
[Floatzel/Swift Swim]

Seiro wordlessly looks over the coral. Indeed, some of it looks broken off. But not like another Pokémon could've have done that. These fractures seem more...natural. Almost like those tremors he heard earlier may have caused them.

"They definitely seem like it," he muses aloud, eyes darting between coral growths. "But...what was the rumble, then? An earthquake? Those didn't seem like they happened around here..." Something doesn't add up. Earthquakes were natural events, right? Well, except for Pokémon-caused ones, but those are much more local. This quake seems natural...yet at the same time, it seems unnatural. Almost like some outside force, greater than Seiro could possibly comprehend, is behind it.

Mizuka nods. "I'm not sure. Well, as long as there aren't any more of those rumbling noises, then we should be fine... though I do say we can start going back up in a little while."

She floats her way back up as she speaks, hoping Seiro will follow along. "I don't see why earthquakes wouldn't happen here, though. And I'm far more concerned about what else the tremors may have caused... elsewhere, that is..."

As Mizuka thinks it over, she realizes that something else might have happened in the area. She feels... something strange, a sort of elemental emanation washing over her, perhaps. She focuses on it for a moment, trying to discern what exactly it was...
[Floatzel/Swift Swim]

Seiro nods. "Who knows what kinds of havoc that must have done to the island, if we felt it all the way out here. We'd better head back if only to see what all happened," he suggests, tails twitching pensively.

Speaking of forces, the Floatzel notices a couple...odd presences in the vicinity. Both of them feel powerful, primal even, and yet beyond a vague idea of type, he can't really pinpoint them. One seems to be steeped in the power of the mind, the other in the power of light and deep magic. "Either we're not alone, or there's something huge down here," Seiro remarks. Now would be a fine time to retreat if a thread of that caliber is approaching...

Mizuka feels the primal energies more strongly now; the emanations are definitely attuned to two elements; however, she doesn't feel threatened beyond the intensity of the presences. "Yes, I feel the energy as well. I'm afraid there's something here now; let's get out of here. I'm not willing to risk it."

She starts to swim upward. "We should swim together again some time soon," she remarks. Maybe they would. "Well, I'll be going back to shore."

The Vaporeon motions for Seiro to follow her, then picks up speed slightly, just enough to get back before midday, but not enough to leave Seiro behind if he were to swim a little faster as well...
[Floatzel/Swift Swim]

Fortunately, the Floatzel's natural agility in water makes keeping up with Mizuka an easy task. "Mind if I follow you back?" Seiro asks, his tails twirling to propel him upward.

Perhaps there's more to these waters than what Seiro just saw. Still, he'd rather stay on land for a bit, at least get more used to his other forms first. Being a Floatzel for a day isn't that long, but only being able to be a Floatzel for a day is what annoyed him most. Still, with that form, he got to experience the natural beauty of Mautte's oceans, so at least there's that. The water's surface approaches rapidly, light becoming less and less of an issue.