Morphic: Wade
Claiming
Abras are so cute!
Joined URPG 1/28/2017!
Competitive Showdown player
TEAM A.C.T. ALL THE WAY
[Image: a12pB4a9m_480wa_v1.gif]
(03-30-19, 08:15 PM)Gold Wrote: Claiming

Hey sapahn! Glad I finally got to curate a work of yours. Lets get right to it shall we?

Things you did well:
-The uniqueness of this piece is what strikes me the most; a selfie with Ash and Pikachu is already interesting enough, but the details like the frame, the battery life, and the presence of Zubat and Poliwag each add their own small flair that really draws this piece together.
-Speaking of the Pokemon, all of them have very nice and accurate anatomy, and the colors are drawn on well too. Poliwag especially is really cool, since you managed to cram it into a space without either losing the anatomy or having the piece feel cramped. The only nitpick I have are the claws on Pikachu, which feel a little tacked on (as well as not being at the front of the fingers)
-Color, shading, and spacing are done well, the concept of the selfie allowing for a lot more freedom in the spacing than a normal piece would require. Really cool to see you take some of the criticism from Ori's curation of your Numel to heart, and you can see the fruits of your labor in this piece well.

Things you didn't do as well:
-This is another nitpick, but Poliwag's eye isn't fully spherical, which is possibly because of the distortion due to Pikachu's foot. Additionally, there's a bit of a black bar over Poliwag that couldn't realistically be Pikachu's tail, so I'm not entirely sure what it is or why it's there. Cleaning up these details will really make Poliwag pop, more than it already does.
-There's a bit of blank space near the top; it's not necessarily a bad thing, but I feel like you were going for a forest vibe as the background, and adding a few more details there to make the background come alive would be a really nice touch if you decide to go back and edit this. Zubat was a great addition to cover some of it, but it also made the background even more ambiguous; something to make it visually interesting (though keeping your current background's attribute of not being distracting) would be really cool.

Overall, this is a very strong piece, and I'm happy to award it a Hard rank. This means you can claim Pikachu + 10k for your efforts! Thanks for the great piece, and keep drawing! Can't wait to see the next one!
Abras are so cute!
Joined URPG 1/28/2017!
Competitive Showdown player
TEAM A.C.T. ALL THE WAY
[Image: a12pB4a9m_480wa_v1.gif]