Morphic - Open Thread basilisk.
Jones the Heliolisk (Dry Skin Ability).
Rogue.
Affected RPers: N/A.

Finally.

Jones doesn't know much. She doesn't know why she's stuck in the form of a lizard or why this island is full of talking Pokemon or why she's even on the stupid island to begin with. She doesn't know why she can't remember who or what she was before she got here, besides knowing that she's a survivor. 

But the instant she sets foot in the desert, she knows that she's come home

The sunlight on her back is strong. For a moment, she thinks she should find shade, but she's pretty sure that the lizard Pokemon she is - Heliolisk is the name; she's... probably seen them before, she's not actually sure - needs lots of sunlight. Experimentally, she opens her frill again. 

Energy surges through Jones almost immediately. Her weary limbs and racing mind go still for a precious moment as she soaks in the rays, every iota of sunlight replenishing her from the inside out. This feeling of relaxation is rare, and for the moment, she's lost in it, savoring the precious arid day and cloudless sky.
Daniel the Scrafty
Ability: Intimidate
Post Affects: Jones

---

Daniel was back on the desert again.

He had already been here before, met someone else, but the interaction went sour. Daniel would rather not recall what happened then. Rather, he welcomed the rays of the hot sun, despite its harshness combined with the temperature.

Another attractive aspect of the desert was the solitude. Rarely did Daniel meet other people in this desert, since there were not much to see here. It was calming to hear the desert wind go by.

Daniel's attention was piqued by a stranger. The stranger looked reptilian, just almost like him. Its frills were spread wide open. It looked like it was... sunbathing. In addition, Daniel thought this person was new, someone he had not seen yet. But then, some people were elusive, and he had not even traveled on certain places, anyway.

Daniel decided to meet this new stranger. Maybe he could even introduce himself or something.
[Image: tumblr_p5tzuvjf3j1wsnmapo4_540.gif]
MORPHIC:
DANIEL [SCRAFTY] X GALEN [WIP]
Jones the Heliolisk (Dry Skin Ability).
Rogue.
Affected RPers: Voltaire Magneton (Daniel).

It feels like she could stay this way forever, Jones decides; suddenly, it doesn't seem quite so bad that she's got a weird, sunlight-absorbing neck frill, or that she's been confused and on edge for the past half a day. The warm kiss of the sun is all she needs.

Her opinion changes immediately the instant she hears footsteps. Her frill stays open as she whirls, reaching for something at her hip that's not there - gods above, she needs to stop doing that, it makes her look like an idiot - and glares at the stranger. They're a Scrafty, a Pokemon she remembers as another powerful desert-dweller. This one looks a bit rough around the edges. She can't put a finger on it, but something about him makes Jones nervous.

Of course, that's the effect most strangers have on Jones, but she's learned to trust her gut on things like this. If her gut says that the strange Scrafty isn't someone to mess with, she'll defer. "You're interrupting me," she says, suspicion thick in her voice as her eyes search the stranger's for any sign of malicious intent. "What do you want?"
Daniel the Scrafty

---

It was unsurprising that the stranger was hostile. Daniel had that uncanny ability to do so.

The stranger's voice had a tinge of annoyance. While most of the other people Daniel had met were cautious, this one was an outlier. Maybe this person was of the aggresive type. Daniel did not have any plans to fight today, but if things go sour, then he'll have to do so.

The stranger's question was laced with suspicion, Daniel could tell. Apparently Daniel was interrupting her from... whatever she was doing anyway. He decided to go to a pacifist approach. He relaxed his face (it worked a few times to look unintimidating) and tried to smile.

"Oh, were you doing anything? Didn't notice. My name's Daniel, by the way."
MORPHIC:
Rogue.

The Scrafty doesn't seem like a fighter, at least. He eases off, making a noticeable effort to ease into a smile. Good signs, though Jones remains on her toes. No sense in taking pointless risks. This Scrafty - Daniel, apparently - could be more than what he seems.

That said, he also doesn't seem like a thinker. Jones's frill falls a bit, naturally, as she turns to eye Daniel with complete contempt. "I was basking," she says, gesturing to the frill that was spread wide a moment ago. "How'd you not notice? I can see you have eyes; do they not work? Either way, damage done. Tell me what you want with me or go away." She feels her tail lashing behind her, brushing up sand and dust in her frustration, and her blue eyes narrow as she watches Daniel. She knows she's probably being a bit more provocative than she should be with a complete stranger, but she's not exactly happy about losing that nice little moment of peace and comfort she'd been having.
Daniel the Scrafty

---

"Well, it's not like I see other people doing that, especially in a desert not much visited by everyone else."

Daniel felt the abrasive behavior of the stranger that he just met. Never has he been with anyone this unfriendly, so it was natural that he was hurt. If someone's this bad even after I've introduced myself, then it's their fault, Daniel thought.

The stranger's body language definitely changed, Daniel had noticed. She was at peace basking in the sun a while ago, but now even her tail seemed agitated. Daniel felt he did something more than saying hello to her. Now, the stranger's asking what he wanted. She didn't offer her name. But Daniel guessed it is up to him to continue this conversation.

"W-well, you see, I've been around the island for a bit of a long time now, and it seems that I've just met you now. Did you arrive here recently?"
MORPHIC:
Rogue.

Jones suppresses a sigh. Now that she's worked up again, her foot begins tapping. She's found that she can't sit still for more than a few seconds; not completely, anyway. If she doesn't, she gets anxious, restless. So she reins her temper back in, tap-tap-tapping as she does.

Daniel's kinda right about the desert being empty. She doesn't remember much, but when she thinks back to before she washed up on the beach, she has the impression of a cloudless sky and merciless sunlight and, most of all, loneliness. So many other places she could have been, but she kept circling back to the dunes, where it was just her and the sun and the sand. She could never bear it for long; the sun would burn her skin, and if she stayed too long, she'd start thinking about... about - 

What was the horrible thing she'd done?

Daniel pipes up again, and Jones snaps to attention. This could be useful, a chance to actually get some information as to where and what and why she is. "A while? How long's a while? I've only been here for a couple of days, I think. Hard to keep track with all the weird stuff going on."
Daniel the Scrafty

---

Daniel took the stranger's restless feet as a good sign.

She said that she was here for a couple of days. Or so she thought. Daniel felt the same, time was a concept that is hard to grasp in this island. Daniel could no longer remember the times the sun had risen and set. But he knew he was here for a long time, maybe not as long as some of the other people he had met here.

"I guess you're new if you can still remember that. Me, however..." Daniel said with a sigh. Nothing ever happens in the island, aside from the people he had met, so there was nothing to base time on. Daniel had long since gave up on tracking it, anyway.

"I've met a lot of other people who's clueless about it, too. Must be the island's... effect."
MORPHIC:
Rogue.

"'Clueless'?" Jones's foot slaps down in an indignant stomp before resuming its tapping, the tempo becoming much more agitated. "I'm not clueless. I'm in a weird spot, but I'm not clueless."

But Daniel's so morose that it's hard to be properly angry at him, instead of just irritated; her spirited defense feels a bit presumptuous, and she relaxes a fraction. Somehow, that intimidating air that Daniel had at first is gone, replaced by what to Jones looks almost wistful and sad. It doesn't completely take the fight out of her, but it does soften her voice to a grunt rather than a snap. "Is that 'I've been here for centuries' can't remember or 'I haven't been keeping track of time' can't remember? Those are two real different things."
Daniel the Scrafty

---

The stranger sounded softer, still impatient, but her question was not exactly stupid or anything. Fair enough, Daniel thought.

"Yeah, I haven't been tracking the time. I used to, I counted sunrises. But every moment in this island just blends altogether. As if time was liquid," Daniel said, hums forming in his mouth as he tried to recall. "Nothing ever happens in this place."

But things do happen, Daniel suddenly remembered. Other people transforming. Changing forms. It made him confused, but now he could grasp the concept, but ever so slightly. Daniel wondered if he should tell the stranger or keep her thoughts free for a while...

"But the people who live here do change, one way or another..."
MORPHIC: