Morphic - Finished Thread ethereal ;;
#11
Gawain the Sylveon (Cute Charm Ability).
No Affiliation.
Affected RPers: K'sariya (Io), W32Coravint (Miki).

Gawain doesn't know what stops him from immediately placing paw on the pillar; perhaps a part of him wants the Aggron's permission. She does seem to have some modicum of knowledge about what's happening, and she seems trustworthy. If she thinks Gawain is being unwise, he'd at least consider her position on the matter, even if he'd probably keep to his own course out of principle.

The sound of footsteps distracts him. He looks back and sees Miki hurrying across the sand. Gawain can't help but feel a little envious of her - no doubt the sunlight is a boon to a grassy Pokemon like her. He's also a little bit annoyed. She was the one that ran away, the fact that she'd had no reason to listen to Gawain notwithstanding.

Gawain's voice is friendly as he calls back, "Hello, there! You're just in time." He turns back to the pillars as Io places one giant claw on the stone before her. Nothing much seems to happen to her

So when Gawain puts his paw against the pillar and feels a sense of resolve filling him up, it comes as a surprise. In his mind's eye, he catches a glimpse of something new. One of Io's... runes, maybe. An image of jagged lines rising and falling, three times over, with a simple arc beneath them. Then, the impression is gone, and Gawain's paw simply slides off the smooth, warm surface of the pillar.

"How interesting," he murmurs, measuring the inscriptions with the faintest taps of his ribbons. "How very, very interesting."
  Reply
#12
Miki the Leafeon
This post affects Io (K'sariya) and Gawain (VeloJello)
Miki reaches the temple, happy to see familiar faces once again. Her tail accidentally brushes against a pillar as she turns around, trying to take in the sights of the dark, engraved stones, and immediately she feels somewhat dizzy, and stumbles away from the pillar. She decides the best course of action is to curl up and wait for it to go away.

It takes about ten seconds before the dizziness subsides, and in those ten seconds, she sees a strange symbol, and then she hears a faint replica of her own voice, speaking in some sort of complex, difficult-to-understand tongue - whatever parts she can make out don't seem to be words she knows - and when it's over she slowly gets up, shakes off the disorientation, and approaches the other two.

"I think... I think I'm fine," she says, slowly getting up. "I just had a strange vision of... a symbol, and I heard my own voice... but I couldn't understand anything it was saying."

  Reply
#13
Io nods at Gawain's assessment--interesting was probably a mild, though still correct, description of it. She's pulled away from her examination of the next pillar by the sound of paw pads scraping on the earth, and turns her right eye just in time to see the Leafeon scrabbling backwards and go down to the ground. Io takes a few hulking steps toward the much smaller Pokemon. Her head lowers, carefully watching her for the ten or so seconds it takes for the Leafeon to regain her posture and slowly rise to her paws. At Miki's words, she turns her eyes curiously back at the pillars--the two could be related, or it could just be that the Leafeon was a little dehydrated. The desert took a toll on those who didn't come prepared, especially grass types whose bodies were prone to over-photosynthesizing in the sun.

The Aggron closes her eyes for a moment, reaching for something. It takes a second to find anything, especially in the parched plane of the desert, but eventually she finds groundwater with her senses. Small trickles of water swoosh gently up from the cracks at their feet, sweeping up and into cupped rock-and-metal palm. An even smaller amount condenses from the air. Ice crystallizes in her palm, cooling the water above it. With the limited moisture of the desert, a few ounces is the best she can do with the beginnings of a waterbending Surf and an Ice Punch.

"Here," she offers, extending her hand to the Leafeon. "For the dizziness."
[Image: aggron.gif]
table by k'sariya | space stock by funerium / resurgere
  Reply
#14
Miki the Leafeon
This post affects Io (K'sariya) and Gawain (VeloJello)
Miki starts to lap up the water from Io's hand. (It's honestly pretty cute.) She feels her body getting rejuvenated; the desert must have taken its toll on her body. She wasn't quite aware of her tail touching the pillar, and thus she doesn't quite know what caused the vision... perhaps it was just a hallucination?

She raises her head from the Aggron's outstretched palm and speaks.

"Thanks," she says. "I feel better now."

She finishes up the last of the water, takes a step back, and sits down on the desert floor.

"So, what are the two of you doing here?" she asks.
  Reply
#15
Gawain the Sylveon (Cute Charm Ability).
No Affiliation.
Affected RPers: K'sariya (Io), W32Coravint (Miki).

It seems these pillars treat everyone differently. Where Io barely reacted and Gawain caught a brief glimpse of shape and feeling, Miki seems to have been hit with a wave of exhaustion. She curls up, looking like she's passed out; Gawain's ribbons ripple in concern. He steps forward, but Miki is rising as quickly as she fell. Her words make Gawain's paws itch. What are they all seeing?

The Aggron is less concerned with the visions, it seems. Much to Gawain's shock, the Aggron manages to summon cold water. He's sure that's not an abnormal capability for Pokemon, but he wouldn't have suspected this metallic, stony titan to be capable of such actions. 

But that's the least of his concerns. Miki seems alright and she has water to drink. Gawain steps closer to the both of them, turning from the pillars to look Miki directly in the eye. "I'm here to seek a path to follow," Gawain says simply, giving an answer in what he expects to be a fair trade. "Please tell me, what did you see?" he asks, his voice not quite pressing, but urgent with curiosity.
  Reply
#16
If she's honest? Io had no conscious idea that she could summon or even remotely control water. It'd just been reflexes. She'd searched for water in the rocky earth with her senses like she was born to do it. That's one thing she's lost from not knowing who she was--before her tribe was taken from the mountains and into the war, they used the technique to water and heal the trees that they replanted on their territories in the wake of disaster, both man- and nature-made. Even though it sometimes weakened their rocky carapace, water has long been used by Aggron as a substance of healing and growth. The feeling had bubbled up naturally, like a spring, because it was natural, somewhere.

She's comforted by the water helping--she holds it patiently as the small creature drinks, without even an ounce of awkwardness. And when it's gone, the Leafeon asks a question. Io listens to Gawain's response, as well as his following question. In the wake of it, Io gives her own answer.

"The answers to this place are here on the island somewhere." Rocky maw shifts for a second, grinding her teeth while she thinks. "I have a purpose here. I'm looking to find it as well."
[Image: aggron.gif]
table by k'sariya | space stock by funerium / resurgere
  Reply
#17
Miki the Leafeon
This post affects Io (K'sariya) and Gawain (VeloJello)
Gawain asked her a question, and she was more than happy to oblige with an answer.


"Umm... the symbol? It looked like two crescents, facing away from each other. It looked... like this," she says, drawing two arcs in the air with one of her paws, and two lines through the center of them.
) (
Unbeknownst to her, she'd missed a few details; she wasn't familiar with the symbols at all, but she knew the rough idea.

"And, erm, if you're looking for a purpose, or a guiding path, I'm sure I'd like to try to find mine as well," she says. "So, erm, I'm with you here."
  Reply
#18
Gawain the Sylveon (Cute Charm Ability).
No Affiliation.
Affected RPers: K'sariya (Io), W32Coravint (Miki).


Gawain's not sure how to feel, visualizing Miki's symbol. Disappointed? Relieved? Hers means as little to him as his own, and he has no idea whether that's good or bad.

He decides not to volunteer his own information. No point in oversharing. Instead, he nods along with Io's words, and Miki's. He's starting to get the sensation of something greater, to feel the pull of it, but he doesn't know what he's looking for. Whatever it is, he no longer feels drawn to the ruins. The longing that drew him here has been replaced by a new intent that drives him away. And as comforting as it is to be among others, he thinks that it is something he will need to find on his own.

He steps back and dips his head courteously, to Io and then to Miki. He feels more rooted now, the sand supporting him rather than slipping beneath his paws. "Somewhere," he agrees with Io. "But I don't think I will find them here. It's been good seeing you both again, and I hope we'll meet again soon."

Newfound confidence and purpose carries Gawain as he turns, bounding back out of the desert.
  Reply
#19
Miki etches out a symbol in the air with her paw, and unfortunately, it means even less than nothing to Io, who also has trouble visualizing it even when mimicked in such a way. Either way, she doesn't think that whatever language is here will give her the answers. There's a gut feeling that is still pulling her elsewhere, one that she doesn't realize Gawain shares, though in a completely different way. So when Gawain addresses them, bids them farewell, Io offers a nod.

"You as well," she bids, and then looks to Miki. "Rest in the shade before heading out into the heat again," Io advises the small Leafeon. "The mountains may offer you a closer reprieve than the Jungle, should you need." With that, Io begins to trundle slowly toward the the peaks in the distance.

[ exit io ]
[Image: aggron.gif]
table by k'sariya | space stock by funerium / resurgere
  Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)