Pokemon URPG
[O] Testing the Waters - Printable Version

+- Pokemon URPG (https://forum.pokemonurpg.com)
+-- Forum: Creative Exploits (https://forum.pokemonurpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Morphic (https://forum.pokemonurpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=78)
+---- Forum: The Island of Mautte (https://forum.pokemonurpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=80)
+----- Forum: Drifter’s Lagoon (https://forum.pokemonurpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=97)
+------ Forum: Brilliant Reef (https://forum.pokemonurpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=99)
+------ Thread: [O] Testing the Waters (/showthread.php?tid=10508)

Pages: 1 2

Testing the Waters - Fenris - 11-29-19

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
Character: Ricktor
Form: Pikachu
Ability: Static
Affiliation: Rogue
Post Involves: n/a
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
He'd been spending large swathes of time exploring the jungles of Mautte and trying to make them more hospitable; clearing debris, forging paths through the tree-boughs, and mapping out area of fresh water and shelter in his mind's eye. So dedicated to this pursuit he'd been that he'd actually lost track of how long he had been on the island, or even how long since he'd last seen another living creature. He supposed that wasn't such a hard thing to do, really; there were so few survivors here, and the island so expansive, not seeing another soul for weeks or more at a time seemed plausible if not likely. 

But even a loner like him needed to see something other than leaves and the little den he'd made for himself in the top reaches of Cloudbreak. And so he'd wandered his way down to a beach, any beach - if this one had been named by another islander during his absence, he did not know. The area was warm, and quiet, the water peaceful as it came to rest at the shore. A far cry from the dark shoreline he'd been tossed up upon once upon a time.

The though stirred something in him. Reminded him, really. This island, Mautte, was not where he was meant to be. His place was far from its craggy cliffs and muggy jungles, beyond the seas surrounding it. He belonged out there, somewhere, and he needed to return to that place as soon as possible. To do that he'd one day have to set sail, though how he'd accomplish that he wasn't sure just yet. But he'd never get there if he didn't at least try to explore the waters nearby first. So determined to do just that, the electric rat let loose a surge of electricity to steady himself, and skid out onto the water on a sturdy plank of wood he'd scavenged from the nearby treeline; Surfing along the surface out towards the reef he could see peaking from the waves in the near distance.

He needed to escape this place, and he was taking his first steps to do just that.
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

RE: Testing the Waters - Mlouden03 - 04-01-20

Character: Gaius
Form: Tyranitar
Ability: Sand Stream
Affiliation:
Megastone: N/A
Post Involves: Fenris

Gaius was walking along the island. He came to a beach and began to forage for food. As he walked along the beach, he saw a small creature. 'I wonder what that is,' Gaius thought as he neared the small yellow creature. 'It looks like a small kind of animal. I wonder, does it taste good? I might have to try and find out for myself!' He opened his mouth wide as he neared the creature, aiming to capture it, but then he saw the creature skim onto the water towards a reef. He decided to follow the creature towards the reef. Even if the creature was unaware of his presence, Gaius would make sure that before the end of the day, the creature knew of his existence, and knew to fear him.'

RE: Testing the Waters - Fenris - 04-03-20

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
Post Involves: Gaius
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
The reef was further out that he would have though from the shoreline, the edges of it peaking from the sea deceptively large from where they emerged out in the sea. Still, he wanted to see more of it, and urged his makeshift transportation onwards to his destination. The sat water carried the surge of his electricity easily and made it all the more easy to maneuver - in the end it took him only a short time to reach a part of the coral he could land upon, edging his wood plank up onto the surface and dragging it a little further to prevent it from being washed away by tide or currents.

It seemed the water here was warm, and beneath the waves the coral reef flourished; he could see bright flashes of color all around the area, though nothing seemed to live here. No Pokemon swam beneath the water or darted around the reef; it was eerie in a way how desolate and still beautiful this place was. Now somewhat far from the shore, and away from where he at least knew other castaways were, he felt strangely lonely.

He shook himself a bit to try to dislodge the feeling, before turning his attention back to the water and what lay beneath. Perhaps he could grab a small piece of coral for himself, to keep. 

A long ear twitches, hearing something in the distance, but he ignores it for now. 
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

RE: Testing the Waters - Mlouden03 - 04-04-20

Character: Gaius
Form: Tyranitar
Affiliation:
Megastone: N/A
Post Involves: Fenris

Gaius swam and tracked his prey as the creature surfed along the surface of the water. The armored creature made sure to keep his form underwater, surfacing only when absolutely necessary in order to confirm his location and that of his target.

As Gaius neared the reef, he noticed that there was no other signs off life besides that of the being he tracked. He wasn't used to being in water, and the sensation caused his body to shudder a bit as the liquid lapped against his scales. He slowly crept closer to his target and readied himself to pounce. His white teeth gleamed against the bright water, and he began to salivate at the thought of a fresh meal.

RE: Testing the Waters - Fenris - 04-07-20

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
It's only the sound of water hitting water that clues him in that anything is amiss; a new sound among the otherwise relatively quiet waves tugging on his fur and the coral below. He turns, expecting to see a piece of driftwood or some other debris lapping at the edges of the reef. Thus, he is wholly unprepared for the gaping maw full of teeth he finds himself staring directly in to.
"What the f-" In surprise he leaps backwards, only to loose his footing and fall back first into the ocean, his words lost in a splutter as water washes over him and he flounders to right himself. The actual hell was going on!? "Hey, don't sneak up on people like that! Are you nuts!?!"
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

RE: Testing the Waters - Mlouden03 - 04-07-20

Gaius was deep in thought, imagining himself satiated the creature that was before him as he was incredibly hungry. It wasn’t until the creature turned, and then began to speak, that his concentration was broken. ‘Wait,’ thought Gaius, ‘am I going mad with hunger or did that creature actually speak?’

Perplexed, he looked down at the yellow creature and took a few steps back. “You can speak? I thought you were just a plump rat or some form of low-intelligence being. I didn’t know you actually had the capacity to speak, or that you were able to form complex thoughts.” He paused and then looked down at himself. “I’m Gaius, I washed up on the beach a while ago, and my heads still kind of fuzzy. I can’t think if I’ve explored anywhere else right now, everything just feels like a mess and I was in a lot of pain. Do you know where we are? I need to try and get Home, wherever home is. I can’t remember much if anything from before I washed up.” At this remark, his stomach grumbled. “Well,” he began, “one thing I do know is I’m hungry. Is there anything to eat around here? Fruits, or maybe any non-sentient creatures around your size?”

RE: Testing the Waters - Fenris - 04-08-20

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
The sudden influx of questions was almost enough to give the rat whiplash trying to keep up; this stranger had just gone from attempting to take a bite out of him to trying to have a conversation? Had Ricktor missed something or was this person insane!?

"Hey, hey, hey! Don't try to change the subject! I saw you coming at me mouth wide open - you can't just act like you weren't about to try and eat me for lunch! I'm not letting you off for that just because you're new, Gaius or whoever the Hell you are!" Oh, but the Pikachu was right mad! He'd gotten into a few tussles on the island so far, but he hadn't met anyone outright hostile or murderous in his time here - until just now. After all, you couldn't very well eat someone without killing them in the process, now could you? He'd probably not have been as angry about it if the other hadn't scared him half to death popping out of the ocean the way he had, but what was done was done and Ricktor was furious and more than a little wary.

"You can ask me questions once you at least apologize properly"
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

RE: Testing the Waters - Mlouden03 - 04-10-20

The Tyranitar suddenly slowed his speech and looked at the diminutive yellow creature and he chuckled to himself. He leaned forward slightly and used his clawed hand to gently pat the stranger on his head. Gaius briefly smiled, almost a half-smile, and then began to speak.

"I'm sorry that I tried to eat you. It's just that I'm quite hungry from being trapped on this island. You're the first creature I remember seeing, so I didn't know what to make of you. Normally I'd be a bit calmer, but when I get hungry, I just can't get my mind off of something to eat." He then rubbed his stomach in a circle and looked back towards the Pikachu.

"Now that we have hopefully gotten off on a better foot, are you able to please answer any of my questions?"

RE: Testing the Waters - Fenris - 04-26-20

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••
The rat isn't entirely sure how sincere the apology is, but it's clear arguing with this Pokemon further isn't going to get him much of anywhere fast. He bats the clawed hand reaching for his head away in annoyance, ears flicking. 

"Fine. Best I suppose I'm going to get from you. Here's some basics then; we're on an island that most have taken to calling Mautte. Anyone who washes up here loses their memories, though how or why is anyone's guess - no one that I know of has figured out how to fix that yet. No one's really been able to leave yet either but I'm not sure anyone has tried."

He takes a step back when the other motions to his stomach, remembering exactly how it was they'd met a moment ago.

"As for food, the island has plenty of things to forage; plenty of root plants and fruit. The only things living on the island are other survivors that we've found so far, so I'd suggest not eating anyone." The last few words are said with a pointed glare towards the other's teeth then back up at his eyes, emphasizing the point. Ricktor knew he could well enough deal with an attacker, but other's might not be so fortunate if they had a giant rock dinosaur barreling at them. Better to warn him off before it came to something like that. 

RE: Testing the Waters - Mlouden03 - 04-27-20

Gaius
Tyranitar
Post affects: Pikachu

The large green-scaled creature laughed slightly when the creature stepped away from him and he attentively listened as the small, yellow creature spoke. "Don't worry little creature, if I had still wanted to eat you, you'd already be in my stomach." At this, he paused and glanced around them, "so no other small creatures of less intelligence, well I guess I'll have to deal with berries and fruit. A boring diet to be sure, but I'm sure my palette can adjust. I cannot remember the last meal I ate, but I'm sure it was something that was once living." He then shrugged his scaly shoulders and looked down at the small rat. "What takes you out here? Are you trying to find a way to escape this place?"