Pokemon URPG
[O] Lost - Printable Version

+- Pokemon URPG (https://forum.pokemonurpg.com)
+-- Forum: Creative Exploits (https://forum.pokemonurpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Morphic (https://forum.pokemonurpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=78)
+---- Forum: The Island of Mautte (https://forum.pokemonurpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=80)
+----- Forum: The Outskirts (https://forum.pokemonurpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=81)
+------ Forum: Wayward Cove (https://forum.pokemonurpg.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=82)
+------ Thread: [O] Lost (/showthread.php?tid=10480)

Lost - bmkmb - 11-11-19

Kai, Fletchling - Ability: Big Pecks - Affiliation: none
This post affects no one.

When she awoke, she had a headache. She was laying down, face-first into the sand, eyes closed. Now that she thinks about it, there was a very high chance that should anyone have seen her, she would've looked very dead. With a sigh, she lifted her head so that it wasn't against the ground and tried to rub her bleary eyes. An odd feeling overcame her. Her arms refused to reach her eyeballs. And then... why was everything so big?

Blinking quickly to get rid of her sleepiness, she realized that she couldn't remember anything. Well, she could remember some things, like loud noises and battles and war cries, but she couldn't remember why she was here. She also couldn't seem to remember her name. That would be a problem.

Intertwined with her original set of memories was another. This one she could remember a bit more clearly. She remembered being a Fletchling. She remembered being born from an egg, learning to fly, and having a happy life. But no, that wasn't right... It didn't make sense. Was she a Fletchling or a human?

Pushing those disturbing thoughts away, she tried to remember her name. With the word "name," the word "Kai" kept coming to mind. It sounded a little... off for her to be called that, but nothing else came to mind, either, so she went with it.

Finally managing to stand upright, (she realized in the process that currently, she was a Fletchling, like her second set of thoughts) though it was quite challenging since wings weren't made for lifting, she said to the world, "My name is Kai, and apparently, I am a Fletchling." (But wait, she didn't say it, she chirped it, she chirped it in a high pitched note that sounded very Fletchling, but it sounded so wrong coming from her.)

Of course, there was no response. She hadn't expected one, instead using the moment to test out her words. (Why were Fletchling voices her so high, she couldn't stand it.)

Inspecting the terrain laid around her, she saw some rocks. No, she saw a lot of rocks and many, many cliffs. It seemed that the only way out would be through that slightly dangerous-looking zigzagging path. 

Kai sighed. (Or did she? She wasn't exactly sure. Could birds sigh?) And then it hit her and she had the sudden urge to slap her face, which her wings prevented her from doing so. She was a bird. Birds could fly. So that precarious zigzagging path, she could just completely ignore. 

Spreading her wings, Kai smirked. (But she had a beak. She couldn't smirk with a beak, could she?) She waited for a light gust of wind to help with her lift-of, then flapped hard. Luckily, with her second set of memories came instinct. 

Kai didn't know where she was going. Right now, she didn't care. She could ponder the past and the future later. For now, she glid around the coast like a Wingull scouting for leftovers. Why? Again, she didn't know, nor did she care. Maybe someone would find her and tell her what to do. At least gliding helped clear her thoughts.

RE: Lost - evanfardreamer - 11-26-19

Aaren the Aggron (Ability: Rock Head)
Unaffiliated

Aaren trudged down the narrow path to the black sand beach, the ground crunching under his heavy metal feet. He’d made the journey here several times trying to determine what happened to the strange Gengar who’d attacked him and others as soon as they’d appeared.

So far he’d found no trace; and aside from that first day had found nobody else on the beach, either. The expanse of black sand still drew him back for some reason he couldn’t place, and as he reached the beach he released a breath he hadn’t realized he was holding. He’d never been particularly spiritual – at least, he didn’t think he had been, and he wondered if the rest of the island simply made him wearier by treading on it.

A flicker of motion above him caught his eye. Looking up he spotted a small, red bird fluttering and soaring about. It didn’t seem to have any particular destination in mind and perhaps it had also just arrived on the island.

“Hello up there!” Aaren called. “Did you just arrive here?”

RE: Lost - bmkmb - 11-26-19

This post affects Aaren.

Maybe gliding worked a little too well, Kai mused as she drifted around in the air. 

Apparently, she'd been so absorbed in feeling the wind flow past her wings that she'd managed not to notice that a pokemon had visited the black-sanded beach - and wasn't even just any pokemon, but an Aggron! At least, that's what it seemed like from her birds' eye view of the bulky, rock-typed creature. 

How had she managed to miss that? The creature was huge!

Well, at least by the time it had asked its question, Kai was paying attention.

She stopped in place for a few seconds as she processed what had been asked before folding into a dive. 

Now fluttering a bit higher than the other pokemon's head, she asked, "Are you an Aggron?" and then continued, "I guess. I'm still trying to figure out what happened." 

She chirped quickly, barely leaving time to think, let alone answer.

She really should probably care more about those missing memories, but weird things always seemed to happen around her. Weird was basically her life. She was sure things would work out sooner or later. 

But her wings were getting really tired from all this flapping. Maybe the might-be-an-Aggron had a quicker answer.

"Do you know?"

RE: Lost - evanfardreamer - 11-29-19

Aaren the Aggron (Ability: Rock Head)
Unaffiliated

Aaren watched the bird descend, trying to keep himself still and avoiding sudden motion. Most birds were flighty – or he thought he remembered that – and he didn’t want to scare it away. He smiled, though he thought it was more reassuring than it probably turned out to be. “Yes, I am an Aggron. My name is Aaren and unfortunately I’m not sure what happened either.” He shifted his tail around to rest against it, dragging a furrow in the black sand.

“I’m one of several creatures that have washed up on this very beach, without recollection of where, or even who, we were before that. You’re the first new arrival I’ve seen in a while though. Do you remember anything? A homeland, maybe even a name?”

RE: Lost - bmkmb - 11-29-19

This post affects Aaren.

The Fletchling frowned as she listened to the Aggron - Aaren - speak. She'd been trying not to think about her past too much, but maybe it was inevitable. "My name is... Kai, I think," she responded carefully. "I'm not completely sure if that's right, but I guess it'll work for now."

She flapped once before continuing. "And my memory is... I'm not sure how to describe it - it's sort of like my mind has been dunked in water and now it's wet and it's still drying off a bit, but whenever I try thinking about my past, it gets dunked in water again all over and it feels a bit murky and-" the Fletchling mentally  thanked whoever gave her feathers as she blushed upon realizing her rambling. 

"Er, basically, all I remember is fighting - lots of fighting - and I was there, with a golden sword and then there were flaming arrows and I swung the sword and my memory cuts off there," she finished quickly, somewhat flustered, "-but I don't remember being scared. It was sort of like I knew we were going to win..." the Fletching stops there, too absorbed in her own thoughts to say anything else.